Saturday, October 24, 2009

Some Experiments with my Camera



In front of the college building, just 2 days ago.




The Indian National Museum, once the palace of Queen Victoria...


Amsterdam in Kolkata...



Not following the Rule of Thirds...



My brother currently reading in 8th standard!




In the month of July, this year, it was shot near Amarabati, at dusk.





Mehendi.. This photo was shot with a cell phone camera.




Sana, my cute neighbour.




Orange rose under the orange sun





Marathon to Mython




Who says cell phone cams are useless?




Flower in the bush




Gray subject



My college friend, Anna.


Bally bridge from the ferry




Replica of the bones of a mammoth, at the Indian National Museum.




Flower-edited.



Zipper

Photography has interested me since I was a child. With old family photos in hand, I would always wonder how they could be bettered, and till today, I grope for a camera whenever I come across a beautiful subject, even a beautiful insect. I find myself interested in the books and journals on the subject. I am not a professional photographer, nor do I want to advertise my photos here. I want to share them with readers and friends. Most of the photos have been shot with an Olympus Digi-cam, not a d-SLR or other high range gears. I had been off for a while, owing to protracted illness, and the weakness following it... Will be back with a new post very soon. Comment if you like the pics, and point out if you didn't like them.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Rochishnu, I must tell you that some of your pictures are indeed beautiful. Photography is a very nice passion, I must tell you. Go ahead!
    I also take photos, to be true, we have to take photos almost everyday (but they are of dresses).
    What I noticed was, your usage of camera-effects is worth giving you a praise.
    In many of your photos, we see that your subject is textures, a topic that brings out amazing works of Nature.
    We would love to see more marvels from you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting, Amritaksha. Sometimes I feel that it is Blogger which helps in connecting old friends, relatives and others in a much effective and better way than the socializing sites like Facebook and others, although at a slower pace.

    Do read my blog and drop comments every now and then; that keeps the writer's spirits high, frankly speaking.

    ReplyDelete